Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Freezer Chicken Enchiladas

I made these weeks ago and we ate one tray for dinner the next night and I froze the 2nd tray.  I finally pulled it out last week, defrosted it for 2 days and it was wonderful the 2nd time.  My hubby and I love mexican and I love that I had this meal in the freezer to pull out on short notice OR to share with someone else. 

Freezer Chicken Enchiladas
4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
16 oz. cheddar or jack cheese, shredded
2 (4 oz.) cans Ortega diced chilis
5 (10 oz.) cans enchilada sauce
2 packages of flour tortillas

Directions:
 With a mixer, beat the cream cheese with the green chilis and 1 can of enchilada sauce.
Pour cream sauce over shredded chicken in a bowl.
And stir to combine.
In the bottom of 2 foil baking pans (I purchase these at Dollar Tree 2 for $1.00) pour 1 can of enchilada sauce and spread evenly to cover bottom of pan.
Now take your tortillas and fill generously with the creamy chicken mixture and roll up.
Place rolled enchiladas in pan seam side down and cover each pan of enchiladas with sauce - 1 can for each pan.
Sprinkle top of enchiladas with cheese.
Cover each pan with a double layer of aluminum foil.
To bake - Preheat oven to 350° and bake unfrozen for 45 minutes or 70-90 minutes if frozen. 

 
Frozen enchiladas will hold in freezer for 4-6 month. Serve with rice for a yummy Mexican inspired meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment