Sunday, March 25, 2012

Seafood Lasagna

I found this recipe on Pinterest and I wanted to try it out for myself.  It was very easy and I planned for it so I had everything but the ricotta in my freezer or pantry.  The jar Alfredo sauce really made this taste amazing.  My son ate an entire piece before asking me what was in it.  He was shocked when he realized he ate shrimp, crab meat AND scallops.  I loved that I had another recipe for us for Friday's during Lent.  It's not on my hubby's diet (carbs), so he missed out :( 

Seafood Lasagna
9 lasagna noodles
2 jars (16oz) Alfredo pasta sauce
1 package of shrimp without tails
(I buy the frozen bag of medium size shrimp, thaw & pull tails)
1 package of scallops (I used the frozen package and I cooked them according to the directions)
1 can crab meat
1 container (18oz) ricotta cheese
1 egg
black pepper
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles according to package, prepare shrimp and scallops as needed.  Combine the ricotta cheese, egg and black pepper (just so much that you can see it when you spread it).

You put a layer of noodles first then lay out a spread of ricotta cheese, followed by shrimp, scallops and crab (any other type of seafood you wish to have as well). Followed by Alfredo sauce to cover up the seafood then a layer of cheese. Follow these steps until ingredients are used making sure that the cheese is the last thing you do.

Bake the lasagna for 45 minutes uncovered and then for another 15 covered (aluminum foil will do).
I let it stand for about 15 minutes so that it doesn't fall apart when you serve.  It was great with a salad and garlic bread.  The perfect Friday night dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment