Monday, February 20, 2012

Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti Casserole

I made this for the first time tonight and it was a HUGE hit.  Knowing I have 2 nights this week without meat, I thought we should have something meat full tonight.  Everyone loved it and I barely have a container left for work :)  It was super easy and I had everything in the fridge or pantry.  Which is my favorite on a Monday night.  Mondays always seem to be the worst.  Its the start of the week and I should have made it to the grocery store sometime over the weekend but there never seems to be anything good in the fridge on Mondays!!!

I used a recipe I found on Pinterest that I "tweaked" for me.  I added cheese.  Everything is better with cheese!!

Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti Casserole
1 lb of hamburger
12 oz of spaghetti
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Cook the spaghetti until done.  Meanwhile, brown hamburger until no longer pink.  Drain excess grease and add spaghetti sauce to pan.  Drain spaghetti and place in large glass bowl.  Add cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese is melted and spaghetti is covered.  Add seasonings.  Pour a small amount of meat mixture into a greased 9x13 inch pan.  Cover the bottom.  Pour spaghetti mix on top of meat mixture.  Cover with remaining meat mixture.  Sprinkle with both cheeses.  Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment