Monday, November 5, 2012

Fiesta Soup

My dear friend had this soup for us on Halloween and I immediately asked for the recipe.  It was the perfect soup on a cold, fall night to warm you up.  I normally don't like corn in soups, always reminds me of veggie soup which I am not too fond of.  But this was wonderful.  I made it for hubby and I on Saturday night and had enough to warm up for lunch today. 

I had everything in the house for this recipe which is always a plus for me.  I am forever planning on making something only to find that I am missing one ingredient when I start.  My hubby is always running to Jewel to pick up some ingredient for supper.

Hope you enjoy and Thanks Amy!!!

Fiesta Soup
1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 lb ground beef, cooked & drained
1 can (15 1/4oz) whole kernel corn, with liquid
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies, with liquid
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes, with liquid
1 envelope taco seasoning

Combine all ingredients into greased 4 1/2 - 6 quart slow cooker.  Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 4-5 hours.

Serve with corn chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment