Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries.  But the strawberries have to look amazing for me to even think about making them.  I have made them twice recently and wanted to share how I make them.  I tried to turn them into footballs for the Super Bowl back in February but that didn't turn out so well.  I used white chocolate chips and they didn't melt too well and clogged the plastic mustard bottle I tried to use to decorate with.  I need to use the almond bark next time and it should work a lot better.
My football attempt for the Super Bowl

I made these for a casual St Patrick's Day get together we had and the looked beautiful.  But I forgot to get them out of the fridge and serve them that night :)  I am glad I did forget though.  I didn't put them on wax paper for drying, I put them on the pretty serving platter right away and the chocolate stuck to the glass platter.  So we missed out on about half the chocolate goodness.

Chocolate Covered Strawberries
1 quart strawberries
1 container Bakers brand Dipping Chocolate

Wash and dry strawberries.  Melt chocolate according to package directions.  Dip Strawberries in chocolate and place on WAX paper covered plate.  Refrigerate several hours and transfer to a serving tray. 

My pretty ones ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment