Thursday, March 7, 2013

Overnight Breakfast Casserole

I love a good breakfast casserole.  Breakfast is one of my favorite meals to eat any time of the day.  I love it when you can make something ahead, wake up and pop it in the oven while you are getting ready for the day.  I wish I could say I do this for during the week.  But that NEVER happens.  I am lucky to get a bowl of cereal for myself in the morning.  But on the weekends or when we have guests coming to stay, I like to put one of these together and have it ready to go.  I put this together in no time.  It doesn't take too long and if I kept browned sausage in the freezer like I do my chicken this might go easier.  (Light bulb just went off - going to have to try that out)

Overnight Breakfast Casserole
10 eggs
2 1/4 c milk
1 1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb pork sausage, browned and drained
2 c white bread, cubed
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Place cubed bread in a greased 9x13 baking dish.  Cover with sausage. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, mustard and salt for 1 minute.  Add 1 c of cheese and mix to combine.  Pour over bread and sausage.  Cover with remaining 1/2 c of cheese.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  Remove from fridge while oven is warming up.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center.  Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment