Sunday, February 26, 2012

Artichoke Dip

We had couples Bunco the other night and everyone has to bring food to feed the men.  So, I always bring appetizers.  I am really not a baker.  So, I thought I would try this recipe I found on Pinterest at pickycook.com. Shocker????  I (of course) "tweaked" it for me.  Cheese is a must for everything I make anymore.  So, I added another cup of mozzarella.  It was inhaled and everyone LOVED it.  I of course ate too much and liked it better than my Spinach & Artichoke Dip.  The measurements are odd but it works really well. 

Artichoke Dip
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (packed) grated
         Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch of salt
2 14-ounce can artichoke hearts packed in water
          well drained and chopped in mini chopper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup Italian cheese blend
French-bread baguette sliced



Whisk the Parmesan cheese, mayo, sour cream, black pepper, garlic power, onion salt and regular salt.  Stir in chopped artichoke hearts.  Transfer to an 8x8 glass pan.  I used my small round stone baker and it fit perfectly. Cover with cheeses and more paprika.  Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.  You can make it a day ahead and bake for 35 minutes if chilled.  Serve with sliced bread. 

It was almost all gone at Bunco so I was happy.  I love artichokes and it's been ages since I've had some without spinach!

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment