Monday, February 13, 2012

Mushroom Meatballs

I took my mother's tried and true recipe for Mushroom Meatballs and I adapted it to my weeknight life.  She made the meatballs from scratch growing up and they were yummy but I just don't have time for that during our crazy evening schedule these days.  I guess I could make them up on Sunday and freeze them until I am ready to make them, but I can't imagine that happening.

I have been trying to cook a meal on Sunday that makes 2 and put one in the freezer for the next week.  I think we are going to have to break down and buy a deep freeze and I am all for it.  I would love to truly try the one of the "Once A Month" freezer cooking I keep seeing on Pinterest.  But I can't now because the Market Day in the freezer is taking over :)

Here's the recipe and photo!  Hope you enjoy!

Mushroom Meatballs
1/2 to 3/4 of a bag of home style frozen meatballs
1 can of mushrooms
1/4 cup of water
2 beef bouillon cubes

Brown the meatballs on both sides in a large skillet.  Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring every so often.  If you don't they will burn.  Add more water to make a sauce for them as needed. 

Serve with mash potato's, rice or butter noodles.  We had butter noodles (1/2 a bag of wide egg noodles cooked according to directions; drain and add 4 or 5 pats of butter to the noodles in the serving bowl)  My kids LOVE butter noodles.  We have been taking them to their "Thanksgiving Feasts" at daycare for years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment