Friday, February 3, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

Tonight I tried to make one of my families favorites using the crockpot.  My oldest ate 3 helpings and my other two each cleared their plates.  My son was thrilled it didn't have mushrooms; his usual first question.  Next time I won't use the entire seasoning packet and it only needs to cook 4 hours.  The chicken just fell apart when I mixed it all together.  It was a great way to start my supper over my lunch hour. 

Crockpot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
3 lb. chicken pieces
1 (2/3 oz.) pkg. Italian salad dressing mix
4 tbsp. melted butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 lb. of spaghetti



Directions: Place chicken pieces in crock pot and sprinkle Italian seasoning over chicken. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp. melted butter. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a saucepan and sauté onion and garlic. Add Cream of Chicken Soup, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Stir until smooth. Add this mixture to crockpot and cook on low for an additional hour. Prepare fettuccine according to package directions.  Mix all together and serve. 

Try it out and let me know what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment