Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fast and Easy Breakfast Casserole

I wanted to throw a quick breakfast together for my kids that wasn't cinnamon rolls from the can or frozen waffles.  I have several breakfast casserole recipes but all of the sausage that I have on hand is the roll kind that I keep in the freezer.  I have to be thinking ahead to get it out and defrosted so I can use it.  I realized that we did have frozen sausage patties that you cook in the microwave.  We have them on hand for my son to make homemade "bagel sausages" as he calls them.  I will have to do a post on them the next time he makes one.  So, here is my adaption of using frozen sausage patties in my casserole.
 
I cooked them according to the directions (3 at a time on the plate) and drained them on a paper towe.  Then I cut them up into bit size pieces and added them to my casserole vs using my sausage roll defrosted and browned.  It saved me a lot of time and it was so easy to throw together. 

 
Hope you enjoy!
 
 

 
Fast and Easy Breakfast Casserole
6 frozen sausage patties
6 eggs
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
1 pkg cresent rolls
pepper to taste
Unroll cresent rolls into a 9x13 baking dish.  Press seams to seal and fill the entire bottom of the dish.  Cook sausage patties according to directions and cut up into bite size pieces.  Sprinkle on top of cresent rolls.  Mix milk and eggs in a bowl and add pepper to taste.  Pour on top of sausage and cover with cheese.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment