Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Freezer Bacon

I finally had to use the bacon that I had precooked in the oven and froze the other day for an appetizer that I had made.  It came out perfectly.  I pulled the bacon from the freezer and thawed it for an hour in the fridge.  It looked like bacon I had just cooked.  Plus it was easier to chop and add to my recipe.  I didn't use all of the bacon and threw it into the fridge.  My daughter found it the next day and warmed it up in the microwave and had it for breakfast.  She said it tasted wonderful.

I will be cooking it again in the oven and freezing some more.  What an easy way to use up the bacon before it goes bad in the fridge.  How many times do you cook up bacon but not the entire package and put it back in the fridge.  I am going to cook the entire bag from now on and freeze it. 

Here is the link to the directions on how to cook the bacon in the oven and the link to my Breakfast OAMC post about how I froze the bacon. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment