Friday, August 2, 2013

Marinated Cucumbers, Onions, and Tomatoes

I LOVE cucumbers and onions that my brother in law always makes every summer.  I have asked him for the recipe but it always "its a little of this and a little of that".  I do not do well with guesstimate directions.  I need to know exactly how much of this and that to put into a recipe.  I am sure I drive everyone nuts with that.  So, I searched online and this is what I found.  I knew my hubby would love it and he does.  The tomatoes were an added bonus and when the neighbor offered some cucumbers from their garden I was sold. 

Marinated Cucumbers, Onions, and Tomatoes

3 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges

1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 tsp salt                      
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup oil
        
 
Cut all veggies and combine into a large bowl.  In a smaller bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients and pour over the veggies.  Toss well to mix.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
 
Hope you enjoy this on a hot summer night as much as we do.

1 comment: