Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Cinnamon Roll Casserole

I made this Christmas morning for my kids and it was a hit.  It made a lot so next time I will half the recipe.  They really liked it but we don't need to eat that much for breakfast :)  It was super easy to put together and I had all day to hang out so I thought I would try something new.

Cinnamon Roll Casserole

2 pkgs cinnamon rolls
1/2 c butter, melted
1/4 c sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c heavy whipping cream
3 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c pecans, finely chopped
Icing from Cinnamon roll packages

In the microwave, melt butter along with sugar.  Once done, beat in eggs, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.  Open each can of cinnamon rolls.  Slice each roll into 6 pieces.  Toss each cut roll into egg mixture and toss to coat.  Then place the rolls into a greased 9x13 baking pan and spread out evenly.  Pour any of the remaining egg mixture over top of the rolls that look dry.  Sprinkle with pecans and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.  Once done, warm cinnamon roll icing packets in microwave for 15 seconds and spread over top rolls.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment