Thursday, March 1, 2012

Crock Pot Tator Tot Casserole

I have had a crazy week at work and haven't had a chance to cook at all the entire week.  Hubby was gone and I had a meeting that I had to drag 3 kids too.  When would we eat.  I've been wanting to try this casserole in the crock pot. So, I tried it and I LOVED it.  Most of my kids liked it.  My youngest would only eat the tator tots.  But atleast she ate something!!  Here you go:
Crock Pot Tator Tot Casserole
1 bag of tater tots
1 lb of ground beef
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/4 C of milk
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

First, spray your crockpot with cooking spray and then line the bottom with a bag (I used 3/4 of a bag) of tator tots.
Brown and drain one pound of ground beef.
Mix the beef with soup, milk and pepper. 
Pour over the tator tots and cook on high for 2 hours.
Right before time to eat, sprinkle with cheddar cheese.  I used a cup of cheese.

It was creamy and ready in 1.5 hours.  It called for 2 cans of green beans, but I knew my kids would NEVER go for that.  I have a spoonful leftover for my lunch tomorrow!!

Here is a photo of it dished up on my plate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment