Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cheeseburger Soup

I wanted to make something warm and quick for dinner last night.  I ran to the grocery store to grab a couple of ingredients on my lunch hour and ran home to start this soup.  It was super easy.  Brown the hamburger and throw all the ingredients in the crock pot and away you go.  But the grocery store didn't have the Philadelphia Cooking Creme the recipe called for.  I thought I had an onion but I didn't and my son would rather do anything than eat onions so I left it out.  It was good.  My hubby ate 3 bowls.  My kids not so much.  But we had some leftovers for them to survive on.  I will say that it wasn't my favorite.  I think it was the bacon that gave it the hickory taste.  I am not to big on that flavor.  Think it would have been better as a garnish on top of my soup.  Plus, I wasn't able to stir the soup after I had it on for 4 hours and my cheese burnt along the side.  But I will cube the Velveeta next time not throw the huge chunk in the crock pot and go next time.

Cheeseburger Soup
1 lb hamburger, browned and drained
1 pkg cooking creme (I substituted creme cheese)
1 small onion (which I left out)
6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used the bacon bits prepackaged)
1 (32oz) box of chicken stock
8oz of Velveeta (I will cube next time)
1 pkg of hash brown potatoes (southern style not shredded)

Mix all together in a crock pot and cook on high for 4 hour.  Stirring every little bit or the cheese may burn.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment