Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lil Cheddar Meat Loaves

I had gotten this recipe from friend years ago when they brought us dinner when my husband was going through chemo.  My family loved it and so did my mom.  She bugged me until I finally got the recipe from her.  It is a standard recipe that I make but I have to leave off the sauce for my oldest.  It is so good with the sauce but she is odd about some things like that.  I think the sauce gives it that extra kick but hey I am the mom.  What do I know :)

I have made this with as little as 1 pound of hamburger and they are OK but super cheesy that way and don't make as many.  Still taste good though.

Hope you enjoy!

Here is my meat loaf on my plate :)
Lil Cheddar Meat Loaves
2 lbs of hamburger
1 egg
3/4 c milk
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c quick oats
1/2 c chopped onion
1 tsp salt
2/3 c ketchup
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp mustard

In a bowl, beat the egg and milk.  Stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt.  Add beef and mix well.  Shape into eight loaves and place into a greased 13x9 baking dish.  Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment