Monday, February 25, 2013

Beef Enchiladas

I usually try to cook on Saturday and Sunday nights something that takes a while because I have the time to put into cooking.  During the week I am trying to shove food down everyone throats as fast as possible before we head out for the nights running.  I asked what sounded good and my hubby said something Mexican.  I was surprised.  I haven't made anything Mexican lately because he mentioned he wasn't too big on Mexican.  So, I've been cooking everything but.  I LOVE Mexican and love enchiladas especially.  I asked chicken or beef and was told beef.  I don't normally make beef enchilada so I decided to make what I used to make all the time when we first were married. 

I knew the younger two were not going to be willing to try this and we had plenty of left overs for them to forge on.  My oldest wanted tacos.  I told her I would compromise and there would be a little left over to make her tacos with.  Well, I forgot and she actually liked these.  I made them up quickly and left for a parent meeting.  Hubby was in charge of putting this in the oven for me while I was gone.  So, I didn't get a great photo.  I remember to take a photo after I had put my sour cream on my enchiladas.  Since I was late (meeting ran way over) that was all that was left was my two. 

Beef Enchiladas
1 lb hamburger
2 (10oz) cans enchilada sauce
1 cup shredded cheese
8 tortillas

Brown hamburger and drain.  Add 1 1/2 cans enchilada sauce and cheese to beef.  Stir to combine.  Pour remaining 1/2 can of enchilada sauce in 9x13 baking dish and spread to coat.  Fill tortillas with 2 spoonfuls of beef mixture and roll up placing in baking dish seam side down.  Once all tortillas are filled, use remaining beef mixture and pour over enchiladas.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Serve with sour cream and chopped tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment