Thursday, February 21, 2013

Italian Chicken Casserole

I have been wanting to try this recipe that I found on Pinterest.  I finally had the chance and dug through my pantry to find we had all the ingredients.  I love pasta casseroles.  The cheese just bakes into the noodles and gives it that extra something that I love.  I should have known when I put 2 cans of tomatoes in this that it was going to be a battle with my son.  He does NOT like tomatoes or onions.  I could remind him until I am blue in the face that he LOVES ketchup and spaghetti sauce and they both come from tomatoes.  But it doesn't matter.  He tried it but picked it ALL apart.  My oldest ate 4 bites and my youngest complained the ENTIRE time that she wasn't going to even try it.  Thank goodness I bought a loaf of bread and they filled up on that.  Hubby and I really enjoyed it and it was even better the next day for lunch.   

Hope you enjoy it better than my children did!

Italian Chicken Casserole
2 Tbl olive oil
1 c onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
3 c cooked chicken, cubed
2 cans (14oz) diced tomatoes
1 c heavy cream
1 pkg (3oz) cream cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz fettuccine

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile in a large skillet, heat olive oil  and add onion and garlic; cook 3 minutes, or until tender. Stir in chicken, tomatoes and cream. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add cubed cream cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese; cook, stirring constantly until cheeses are melted. Add the cooked pasta, tossing gently to coat. Spoon into a greased 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Serve with warm bread and a salad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment