Sunday, February 17, 2013

3 Cheese Chicken Bake

This is one of my favorite chicken casseroles and is super easy to make.  I love the crunchiness of the exposed noodles on the top.  My kids not so much.  I have to plan ahead to make this because I never buy cottage cheese unless I am going to make this or lasagna. 

I hope you enjoy!

3 Cheese Chicken Bake
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped green pepper
3 Tbl butter
1 can (10 3/4oz) cream of chicken soup
1 can (8oz) mushrooms, drained
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 pkg (8oz) noodles, cooked & drained
3 c diced cooked chicken
2 c ricotta or cottage cheese
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c butter bread crumbs

In a skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender.  Remove from heat.  Stir in soup, mushrooms and basil; set aside.  In a large bowl, combine noodles, chicken and cheeses; add mushroom sauce and mix well.  Transfer to a greased 9x13 baking dish.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly.  Sprinkle with crumbs and bake 15 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment