Sunday, February 3, 2013

Clark's Carmel Corn

Our friends made this for "Back to School Movie Night" and I totally had to steal the recipe.  I haven't had a chance to get around to making it but I did for the Super Bowl party for today.  It was so easy to make and wonderful too.  I think I made too much popcorn but it's fabulous.  My son was excited to eat it again.  I think I ate the most that night at the Movie Night.  It was the perfect snack.  I think the biggest compliment that I can give someone is to ask for the recipe.  So, I did and here it is.  I am giving credit where it's due because I love Carmel corn and now have a recipe to make it.

Clark's Carmel Corn
Popped popcorn
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup margarine
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

Pop enough popcorn to fill a large brown paper bag 3/4 full.  In a pan bring brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup and salt to a boil.  Once boiling, add the baking powder.  This will get foamy as you stir.  When all the baking powder is mixed, pour over the popcorn in the brown paper sack.  Stir well.  Make sure you get every piece covered. 
Blast in the microwave for 60 seconds and then shake the bag.  Blast for another 60 seconds in the microwave.  Let sit 10 minutes and then hit the sides of the bag to break up the chunks. 

Enjoy!!!

And a huge THANK YOU to the Clark's for sharing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment