Monday, June 17, 2013

Sweet Tea

I finally found a recipe to make Sweet Tea that is super easy and that I really like.  If I make a big pitcher my kids will drink it up in a day or two.  I am not an ice tea drinker normally.  I am a soda drinker but the sweetness of this makes the ice tea bearable.  I could drink this pitcher myself in no time but those kiddos don't let that happen.  Hope you enjoy it.  It makes a lot!!


All ready to hit the fridge


Sweet Tea
12 tea bags
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 cup sugar
4 cups boiling water
12 cups cold water


Place baking soda in pitcher (1 gallon).  Add tea bags and boiling water.  Let sit for a minimum of 30 minutes.  I let mine steep for over an hour.  Remove tea bags and add sugar.  Stir until it dissolves.  Add cold water and refrigerate until ready to serve. 

Here is mine in my favorite Tervis Tumbler

No comments:

Post a Comment