Friday, November 3, 2017

Biscuits & Gravy

My teenage son asked if he could make biscuits and gravy from scratch earlier this year.  He found the recipe and made the gravy from scratch.  This is a staple for my late husband's family for breakfast but I had never made it.  It was super easy to make and so yummy.  We had all the ingredients and now we make it for supper on nights when he is home before me to start supper.  I am so glad he asked and he is helping with a lot of the cooking duties (grilling for sure) at my house.
Hope you enjoy this warm, home cooked goodness as much as we do.


Biscuits & Gravy

  • 1 can refrigerated biscuits
  • 12 oz bulk port sausage
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 3 cups milk
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook Biscuits according to directions while you fix the gravy.  Cook sausage in a large skillet until no longer pink.  Drain any grease.  Add flour, salt and pepper and mix well.  Gradually stir in milk. Cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Split warm biscuits; place on serving plates. Serve sausage mixture over warm split biscuits.



No comments:

Post a Comment