Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Turkey Breast in the Crock Pot

I decided it was time to clean out the big freezer chest in my garage.  I need to eat up the goodies in there.  I found all kinds of meat my hubby was always buying.  He would hit Jewel/Osco around 8:30pm a couple nights a week to scope out the reduced meat while picking up soda or adult beverages.  I haven't been that great about grilling with the horrible winter we had and know I need to use it all up.  I found a turkey breast in the bottom and decided I wanted to try it in the crock pot.  I had pinned several ways on Pinterest and figured what the heck.  I made mashed potatoes when I got home from work, warmed up the jar of turkey gravy I had and made a box of stuffing.  Not my grandma's good recipe but still it was great.  Plus, now I have leftovers that the kids will all eat.  Total win in my book.

Turkey Breast in the Crock Pot
4-6 lb turkey breast, defrosted  
2 can of chicken broth
1 onion, peeled and quartered
1/4 cup butter
salt and pepper, to taste
 
Wash and pat dry turkey breast. Sprinkle well with salt and pepper. Place breast side down in cooker.
Add onion and butter into cavity. Pour wine over top of breast. Cook 4-6 hours on high or 7-9 on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment