Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Chicken Enchilada's

It's Cinco de Mayo and I wanted to make something Mexican that I love.  This is my favorite enchilada recipe.  I threw this together really quickly and can't wait until this gets out of the oven to enjoy it.

Chicken Enchilada
Dished on my plate
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken
1/2 c sour cream
1 Tb butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 T chili powder
2 cups cooked chicken
1 can chopped green chilies
Flour tortillas

Mix soup and sour cream.  Melt butter and add onion and chili powder.  Cook until onions are white.  Add chicken and chilies and 2 Tb soup mixture.  Spread 1/2 cup soup mixture in baking dish.  Spread about 1/4 cup chicken mixture in tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in dish.  Spread remaining soup over enchiladas.  Sprinkle cheese over the top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Forgot to take a photo before I dished it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment