Tuesday, July 17, 2012

4 Cheese Fettuccine (2 ways)

I made one of my all time favorite fettuccine recipes tonight.  I made one to take to a family who needs some help getting over the 1st trimester of a pregnancy and one for my family.  I made the one I will take according to the directions.  I made the one for my family according to the way my kids will eat it :)  I have learned my lesson with mushrooms and try to do all that I can to eliminate it.  Because I will see most if not all on the plates after dinner is over.  They are nothing if not predictible.  But my oldest was mad when I took ours out of the oven.  "It doesn't look like the one you are taking to that family".  Why???  Well, I made ours without mushrooms and with shrimp.  Their's is with chicken. 

Now I will tell you that this recipe is not for the faint of heart.  It is packed full of all the bad stuff for you.  I go all out when I make this because I make it so rarely.  So why not splurge on the calories every once in a while.

Here you go!  Hope you enjoy!

4 Cheese Chicken Fettuccine
Chicken Fettuccine
8 oz fettuccine
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg cream cheese, cubed
1 small can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 1/2 cups cooked and cubed chicken
Topping:  1/3 cup bread crumbs, 2 tbl butter, melted & 2 tbl grated parmesan cheese

Cook fettuccine according to directions.  Meanwhile in a large skillet, combine soup, cream cheese, cream, soup, butter and garlic powder.  Once cream cheese is melted and stir in cheeses; cook and stir until melted.  Add chicken and heat through.  Drain fettuccine and add to the sauce. 
Transfer to a shallow greased baking dish.  Combine toppings and sprinkle over top.  Cover and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.  Uncover and bake 5-10 more minutes until brown. 


Shrimp Fettucicine

My Shrimp variation:

Change soup to cream of chicken.  Omit mushrooms.  Exchange chicken for shrimp and bake according to directions as above.

No comments:

Post a Comment