Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Breakfast Casserole

I love making casseroles. I always want to find something that I can throw together quickly in the morning to give us a healthy start to the day.  I found this and wanted to try it right away.  Seems like I am always trying something new.  This is a lot like a recipe I have but I think that it only uses one package of crescent rolls and it only bakes for 25 minutes.  Plus, I bought frozen Jimmy Dean sausage crumbles that are already cooked for you.  It cost me 30 cents more than the roll.  Totally buying those again for my freezer.  Talk about a time saver!!!

Breakfast Casserole
1 lb sausage, browned and drained
5 eggs
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 package of crescent rolls
1 tsp garlic powder

Brown sausage and drain the grease.  Or you can use the precooked crumbles I found in the frozen food section at the grocery store.  Roll out the package of crescent rolls in a 9x13 baking dish.  Seal seems and spread to cover the entire bottom.  Place layer of sausage on top.  Mix eggs, milk and garlic together and pour over top.  Top with Cheese.  Cover with greased foil and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.  Let stand about 5 minutes and serve.

AMAZING!  We had company and ate the entire pan before church on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment