Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tomato and Basil

I think the correct name for this is Caprese Salad but my family calls it tomato and basil.  We tried it at a friends house this time 2 years ago in NY and we make it ALL the time.  My oldest loves it and its perfect on hubbys silly "modified atkins" diet/lifestyle he's making me nuts over.  Anyway, we make it all summer and it's perfect with everything and even on burgers.  I have found the presliced mozzarella at Sam's Club pretty inexpensively.  But I normally buy it at Aldi's because it's cheap there and we eat it ALL the time!!! 

Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!!!

Tomato and Basil
1 package mozzarella cheese ball
1 ripe tomato
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
basil


Slice mozzerella and place on a plate with a lip.  Slice tomato and place each slice on top of a slice of cheese.  Sprinkle basil to cover tomatos.  Wisk vinegar and olive oil and pour over top of tomato/cheese slices.  Serve immediately!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment