Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Stuffed Mushrooms

My mother-in-law asked me to bring appetizers for Thanksgiving this year.  My hubby's family was doing soup and appetizers the day after Thanksgiving and everyone really likes it.  She asked me specifically for my stuffed mushrooms and "toasty squares".  Both are super easy and easily transportable which I like even better :)  I grabbed everything I needed and put it in the cooler to make the trip home and realized I forgot the sausage which is one of the 4 ingredients for this recipe.  Kind of important.  Luckily my sister had 2 rolls in her freezer and I could pull it out to defrost.

These are so easy to make and only have 4 ingredients how can you go wrong with that!

Hope you enjoy!

Stuffed Mushrooms
1 large pkg of fresh mushrooms
1 4oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 lb sausage, browned and drained
1 cube beef bouillon

Mix sausage and cream cheese until combined.  Wash mushrooms and remove stems from caps.  Be careful you don't break the caps removing the stems.  Stuff caps with sausage/cream cheese mix and place in a 9x13 baking dish.  Add bouillon cube to one cup hot water and let dissolve.  Once dissolved, pour into pan without hitting mushrooms so they have a nice wet base to sit in.  Place under broiler within your oven for about 8 minutes or starting to brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment