Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Chicken & Rice

This is my oldest daugthers all time favorite.  She keeps telling me all I ever fix is meat or pasta.  I asked her what she wanted for dinner and this is what she asked for.  Its perfect on a crisp fall night when you don't mind turning on the oven to warm up the kitchen.  I made it this time and everyone ate it.  Even my youngest liked the rice.  Hubby is back "off" the "modified Atkins" diet and ate all the rice from the pan.  There was 1/2 a chicken breast left and that was it. 

My photo is horrible because I took it after I dipped it up on every one's plate and their was next to nothing left in the dish.  I will update this with a good one when I ever get a better one.  Guess that is a sign of something yummy.

Chicken & Rice
1/2 bag (3 lb) of boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
1 cup uncooked white minute rice
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/3 c water
1 tsp onion powder
pepper to taste
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Place rice in a 9x13 baking dish.  Add soup and water and mix well.  Add onion powder and mix.  Place chicken on top of rice and and sprinkle with pepper.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered.  Uncover and sprinkle cheese on top.  Put back in over long enough to have cheese melt.  Serve with rolls and salad.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment