Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Barbecue Ribs

My family LOVES ribs.  I could make 10 lbs and they would eat them all.  I make them with either pork or beef; bones in or without.  I have finally found the easiest possible way to make them.  My husband has put a rack of them in foil and slow cooked them for hours and slathered them with barbecue sauce. They were really good don't get me wrong but that is only practical on the free weekend.  I needed to find a way to fix them during the week and fast.  So this is what I came up with.  I made them for my sister and her family 2 weeks ago and go rave reviews.  My son can eat an entire rack by himself so they must be good.

Hope you enjoy them!

Barbecue Ribs
Pork or Beef ribs bone in or without
Barbecue sauce

If they are boneless than I place them in my crock pot haphazard. If they are bone in I make sure they are cut apart and individual pieces and place them in the crock pot.  Cook on high at least 4 hours.  Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil.  Place ribs from crock pot onto foil lined cookie sheet.  Slather them with barbecue sauce.  Place in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.  Flip over and slather more barbecue sauce and bake another 10-15 minutes. 

When you take them out of the crock pot after 4 hours and they had bones they won't any more.  They will fall right off and melt in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment