Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hawaiian Meatballs in Crock Pot

I found this recipe on Six Sister's website (which I love) and had to try this one right away.  Super simple and I had everything on hand.  My kids loved it.  I threw it together over lunch when I knew I wasn't going to be home for dinner that night.  It smelled so good I had to put a small bowl together for me to taste before I left.  My hubby fixed it with white rice and it was all gone when I got home.  It will easily added into our regular rotation of meals.  The crock pot is becoming my go to these days with the craziness of school, sports and work.  I needed to find some recipes that my family likes and here is one that fits that to a tee.

Hope you enjoy!

Hawaiian Meatballs in Crock Pot

32 oz. package of precooked, frozen meatballs
13.5 oz can of pineapple chunks (save juice)
1 large green pepper, diced
1 cup of brown sugar
2 tbl cornstarch
2/3 c white vinegar
2 tbl soy sauce
Place meatballs in crock pot and top with green pepper and drained pineapple chunks. In a separate bowl, mix reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and soy sauce. Pour sauce over all in crock pot. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment