Monday, January 27, 2014

7 Layer Salad

My sisters help me make this for Thanksgiving this year and I realized how easy it really is.  I decided to take it to a Christmas party at work and it was gone.  Which is a good thing because it does NOT keep well after mixed together.  I needed to take something that could feed a lot and was easy for a potluck.  It worked perfectly and everyone really liked it.

7 Layer Salad
1 head of lettuce, shredded
1 head of cauliflower, cut into pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/3 cup cheddar cheese
2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sugar

Place lettuce in the bottom of a LARGE bowl.  Layer each ingredient on top of the next in the list.  Mix mayo and sugar together and pour over the top of the top layer.  Make sure to spread all the way to the edges.  It seals the lettuce so it doesn't brown overnight.  Cover well and refrigerate overnight.  Right before time to serve, mix well.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment