Monday, January 27, 2014

Prepped Chicken Breasts

I have found the easiest prep for me for any of my cooking is to have 2 cups of cooked and chunked chicken already to go in the freezer.  This has saved me more time than I can tell you.  I have done the all day "marathon" OAMC (Once a Month Cooking) days but this one little nugget has helped me with weeknight dinners more than anything else.

Prepped Chicken Breasts for the Freezer

1 - 3 or 5 lb bag of chicken breasts or tenders

Place chicken in a frying pan (chicken fryer) and cover with water.  Place lid on top and cook on medium for 20 minutes.  Flip after 10 minutes.  Once done, chop into bit size pieces.  Fill freezer safe plastic containers with chicken and LABEL with "2 cups cooked chicken" and date.  Can be stored up to 4 months in your freezer this way.

I use mine for every chicken recipe that I have.  It saves me during the week so much and makes it easy to cook my kids favorite Fettuccine Alfredo.


No comments:

Post a Comment