Monday, October 1, 2012

Twice Baked Potato Casserole

I had pinned this weeks ago and finally had a chance to try it.  I found it here on Six Sisters Stuff which is a great site that has lots of wonderful recipes.  But I removed a couple ingredients of things we don't like or I didn't have. They were great and even better today warmed up for lunch.  They went perfectly with the ribs we had.


Twice Baked Potato Casserole
6 large russet potatoes
5 slices of bacon
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup margarine, melted
1 cup sour cream
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
salt & pepper to taste.

Peel potatoes and cut into chunks.  Cook in a large saucepan full of boiling water for about 25 minutes like you make mashed potatoes.  Drain and return to pan.  Cook bacon until crisp.  (I cook my in microwave for 5 minutes) Let cool and crumble up.  Mash the potatoes until fluffy.  Add cream cheese, melted butter and sour cream.  Stir until well combined.  Add 1.5 cups cheddar cheese, 2/3 bacon and salt and pepper.  Stir until mixed well.  Transfer to a greased baking dish.  Top with remaining cheese and bacon.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Serve immediately.






No comments:

Post a Comment