Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Chicken in the Crock Pot

I found this recipe online and tried it out on my family last night.  I of course, had to change it up a little but it was really easy and super tasty.  Using the crockpot on the weekends isn't something I normally do.  I like to save those for during the week.  But we had a crazy Saturday and I just needed something easy for super.  I had defrosted the chicken all day in the fridge but when I read the recipe at 3:30 I realized it needed 5 to 6 hours on low.  So, I did it on high for 3 and it was perfect.

Hope you enjoy this one.  I served it with both rice and wide egg noodles(my kids favorite butter noodles), rolls and veggie of course :)

Bacon Wrapped Chicken in the Crock Pot
6 chicken breasts
6 bacon slices
2 (10oz) cans of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Wrap one strip (uncooked) bacon around each chicken breast and place in a 4-5 quart crockpot. 
In a bowl, mix the soups, sour cream, flour, garlic and salt/pepper with a wire whisk until well blended.  Spread over the chicken breasts.  Cook 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high. 

You can cook the bacon first so it will be crispy when you take it out of the crockpot but don't overcook the bacon or it will not wrap around the chicken.  I only had a 3 quart crockpot so it was fine to lay them over top of each other.  It was great with the gravy on the rice.  You can increase the chicken/bacon ratio to 8 or 9 and still have plenty of gravy. I will make it next time with 1 cream of chicken and 1 cream of musroom.  It was a little too mushroomy for my son's taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment