Thursday, March 8, 2012

White Texas Sheet Cake

I am not a big baker because I am not a chocolate cake fan.  Believe me, I know.  "WOW, What an oddball!"  I LOVE Hershey's Chocolate bars, but I don't like chocolate cake.  Not sure what is wrong with me :)  I wanted to share with you my favorite cake that I had at the "La Tea Da" Tea Room in Clinton IL.  My neighbor bought the cookbook and I took the recipe first thing.  I LOVE this stuff.  It is super easy to make and I love the almond taste.  I made it tonight for a food day at work tomorrow.  The picture is not great; I will take one tomorrow when it gets cut into :)

Enjoy!

White Texas Sheet Cake (from the LaTeaDa TeaRoom Cookbook)
1 c butter
1 c water
2 c flour
2 c sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c sour cream
1 Tbl almond extract
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Bring water and butter to a boil in a saucepan.  Remove from heat.  In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, almond extract, salt and baking soda.  Add in water and butter mixture and beat until smooth.  Pour into a greased full size sheet pan. (I use the Pampered Chef rectangle 1" cookie stone - but a jelly roll pan works perfectly)  Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes. (I bake about 5 minutes longer in the stone) Allow to cool for 20 minutes before icing.

Icing:
1/2 c butter
1/4 c milk
4 1/2 c powdered sugar
1/2 Tbl almond extract

Combine butter and milk together and bring to a boil.  Remove from head and add extract, then sugar.  Mix well then spread quickly over cake.

YUMMY!!!!
I finally got a chance to take a photo of the cake after being cut before it was all gone!!!

My kids inhaled the last few pieces on Friday night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment