Friday, March 23, 2012

Homemade Pizza

My kids LOVE my homemade pizza and I always forget how easy and inexpensive I can make this.  I made it the other night and my youngest who eats next too nothing had 3 pieces.  Of course it was the cheese 1/2 but that is OK.  My favorite thing about homemade pizza is I can put whatever toppings on it I want or have on hand.

This picture is before I put it in the oven because I knew I would forget after I took it out!

Homemade Pizza
1 Jiffy Pizza Crust Mix (89 cents at Walmart)
1 jar (14oz) Pizza sauce ($1.25)
2 cups mozzarella cheese
Your choice of toppings - pepperoni slices, browned sausage, mushrooms, onions

Add 1/2 cup hot tap water to contents of jiffy crust package in bowl.  Stir until moist.  Cover and let stand for at least 5 minutes in a warm place. (I put mine on the stove as the stove warms up)  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Grease a pizza pan and press dough onto pizza pan.  I spray my spatula so the dough doesn't stick to it and makes it easier to spread out.  Use 1/2 the jar of pizza sauce to cover the dough.  Cover with your favorite toppings and finally the cheese.  Bake for at least 18 minutes.  Check so you don't burn it.  I make up 2 pizza's because the 5 of us eat it all pretty quick.

Enjoy and let me know what your favorite combination for toppings is.  I did sausage and extra cheese on 1/2 this week.  It was really good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment