Monday, March 5, 2012

Best Ever Banana Bread

This is a recipe from my sister, Julie and it is the go to recipe for Banana Bread in my house.  I have been buying bananas for my son and I hate to throw them out when they start to turn.  So, I have been trying to remember to make the bread and put it in my new freezer.  My kids can eat a loaf in 2 days and it's a much better breakfast than poptarts.  Just remember to add the bananas.  Julie forgot once and put them in about 1/2 way through and it didn't turn out so great :)

Best Ever Banana Bread
1 3/4 c flour
1 1/2 c sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 c ripe bananas (2 bananas peeled and smashed)
1/2 c veg oil
1/4 c PLUS 1 Tbl milk
1 tsp vanilla

Stir flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl.  In a second bowl, mix eggs, bananas, oil, milk & vanilla. Add wet to dry mix and stir until combined.  Pour into a greased bread pan.  Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour 20 minutes. 

This does NOT double well and will look pretty brown.  BUT it is the BEST EVER banana bread you will ever have.  I like it because the crust takes on a crunchy texture.  Hope it becomes your "go to" recipe as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment