Friday, August 10, 2012

Applesauce Pork Loin

Meal 3 of the week was a huge hit with most of the crew.  Just wish my hubby would have made it home before 9:30pm to enjoy it right out of the oven :)  I have really enjoyed the recipes I planned for the week and trying something new every night.  My kids have really branched out and told me what they like and don't like. 

This was so easy to make and really tender.  I had a pork loin in the freezer that I pulled out on Monday so it was ready to go on Wednesday night after work.  It was 4lbs with a bone in and I added an additional hour to the cook time and it was really worth it.  My son and daughter both told me it was DELICIOUS!  My little one refues anything that isn't shaped like a chicken nugget or noodle.  But she did have 2 "No Thank You" bites and liked it. 

I served it with scalloped potatos (from a box) because that is what I had, a veggie and rolls.  It was very moist and tender.

Editor will not allow me to rotate my photo.
Hope you enjoy it as much as my family did.

Applesauce Pork Loin
1 pork loin (3lbs)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbl veg oil
1 cup applesauce
3 tbl dijon mustard
1 tbl honey

Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.  Brown roast on all sides in oil.  Place in roasting pan. 
Combine remaining 3 ingredients and spread over roast.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.  Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.

* I added an additional hour to my bake time for my additional pound.

No comments:

Post a Comment