Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos

This is the 2nd meal of my new meal a night challenge this week.  It was super easy but I tried to make it harder.  I didn't realize that the chicken I had planned to use was with rib meat.  Slightly problematic.  Had to cut the breasts off the bone before putting them in the crock pot but we survived.  I only found one bone in my chicken when I ate it.  I also should have shredded the chicken sooner but wasn't home as soon as I wanted to be.  Eating at 8pm is not great but we all sit down together then so I will take it :)  So, mine looks a little soupy.  The taste was great!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
6 frozen chicken breasts
1 can chicken or turkey gravy
1 can chicken broth
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
1 pkg taco seasoning.

Place FROZEN chicken in crock pot.  Add seasonings, broth and gravy to crock pot.  Cook on high for 3-4 hours.  Shred chicken put back in crock pot and cook another 45 minutes.

Serve on tortillas with sour cream, tomato's, cheese and lettuce.

I had some left over and I plan on making chicken enchiladas with it and putting them in the freezer for another meal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment