Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

My 4th meal last week was this fabulous recipe that I found that the picture just made me hungry.  I had everything in my pantry, fridge or freezer and it was super easy to throw together.  I made it when I got home from work and threw it into the fridge to put in after we got home from football and cross country practice.  My hubby used a "little" more cheese on the top than it asks for.  But who could blame him.  Cheese makes most things just that much better.

I have several enchilada recipes in my collection but this one has to be my favorite.  The salsa really gives it just the right punch.  Plus, there is no cooking on the stove before hand.  You mix it together and fill tortillas.  Right up my alley.

Hope you enjoy.  My photo isn't anywhere near the one I found online but it tastes really good :)
My family started dinner before I could get a good photo

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
2 cups cooked chicken - diced
1(10 3/4oz) cream of chicken soup
3 oz cream cheese, soft
1/2 c sour cream
1 c salsa
8 flour tortillas
1/2 c cheddar cheese
1 tomato chopped (garnish)

Mix soup, cream cheese, sour cream and salsa.  In a separate bowl, mix chicken, cheese and 1 cup of salsa mixture.  Place 3 tbl of chicken mix in each tortilla.  Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 9x13 casserole dish.  Pour remaining salsa over filled tortillas.  Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  Top with cheddar cheese (how every much you like) and return to oven for 5 minutes.  Top with tomato and a little sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment