Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Baked Spaghetti

I haven't posted in 15 days and I am shocked at the fact that this month is half over.  I must have cooked something this month but not sure what :)  Between dance recital, first communion, spring ballet, school year winding down, and the craziness at work; I am shocked we did eat at all this month :)

I was asked for my recipe for Baked Spaghetti the other day and I told them to check out my blog.  Well, guess what.  That recipe is not on my blog yet.  Now how did that happen?  I made one for a neighbor and I one for my freezer.  I pulled it out the other day and we had it Monday night.  It had been in my freezer for 2 months and it was PERFECT.  I LOVE cooking once a month and filling my freezer.  I realized the other night that I need to find another square on my calendar that is open so I can fill that thing up again.  Almost everything is gone from the last time I loaded it up.  But I digress, I took a picture when I made it for the freezer but never posted it.  So here it is.  I got the recipe from my sister Julie who is a great cook and all about easy, quick and yummy!

Hope you enjoy!

Baked Spaghetti
Spaghetti Noodles
Spaghetti Sauce
1 lb hamburger
Mozzarella Cheese

Now these are the ingredients word for word off the recipe card from my sister.  Pretty vague.  I require exact directions (ask my friend Mary who I begged for a pumpkin squares recipe from and it killed her to right down the actual ingredients - its a little of this and a little of that!!  I don't do well with that at all.)

So let's try that again :)

Baked Spaghetti
1 box Spaghetti Noodles
1 jar Spaghetti Sauce
1 lb Hamburger
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese 

Brown hamburger. Drain fat. Add sauce to meat and heat through.
Cook noodles as directed. 
Layer noodles, sauce, then cheese.  Repeat layers. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Freezer Directions:
I pulled this in an aluminum take and toss casserole dish that I bought at the dollar store. I covered it with 2 sheets of aluminum and put it in my freezer for 2 months.  I put it in the fridge on Friday afternoon and cooked it Monday night.  It was still a little frozen on Monday but I didn't increase the time.  If you have it solid frozen you will have to increase the time.  So be prepared to thaw a little longer to adjust for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment