Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fruit Dip

We hosted a party for my sister and brother-in-law's 30th Wedding anniversary on Sunday and I had to pull out some of my favorite recipes.  I think I got this recipe from my sister-in-law long ago.  This stuff is so yummy you will want to eat it with a spoon.  I will warn you, it is not low fat.  There is nothing low fat about it.  I have made it with 1/3 less fat cream cheese and it was just as good.  But when you read the other ingredients it just might be worth it to splurge a little ;) 


Fruit Dip
1 lb powdered sugar
1 stick margarine, soft
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, soft
3 Tbl almond extract

Cream the margarine and cream cheese until smooth.  Add extract and mix.  Add powdered sugar gradually until smooth.  If it seems to be running, add a little more powdered sugar. 


Serve with fresh fruit.  We always serve it with Strawberries and sometimes grapes.  It will keep for a bit in the fridge because you will run out of fruit before you run out of dip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment