Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer Pasta Salad

I found this recipe on Pinterest (of course I did) and had to try it.  I really liked how easy it was to put together.  It had the perfect blend of dressings to make it light and refreshing.  Not made with mayonnaise like most pasta salads.  I made it twice in one weekend for a casual barbecue on Friday night and then a family gathering on Sunday afternoon.  It was a hit with the both groups.  So, I had to share and add to my list of I found this favorite recipes online. 

Summer Pasta Salad
1 small box of pasta (I used tri-color rotini)
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
3/4 cup zesty Italian dressing
3/4 cup creamy Caesar dressing
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste.

Cook pasta according to box directions.  Meanwhile, chop peppers into small chunks and place into a good size serving bowl.  Drain pasta and add to peppers.  Let cool about 5 minutes.  Add dressings and cheese and mix well.  Add salt and pepper as needed.  Refrigerate overnight or a couple hours.  

I made this Friday night and served it right away.  It was fine at room temperature.  But was better Sunday because we made it ahead Saturday night.  Mix it up again and added a little more pepper before serving.

Enjoy!!!

Here is the link I found the original recipe at (http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-pasta-salad-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment