Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cheesy Potato Casserole

I made these cheesy potatoes for brunch this past weekend and they are always a hit with the family.  Its easy to make and works for either dinner or brunch.  I make it ahead so I can throw it into the oven the next morning.  I am supposed to add butter and corn flakes to the top near the end but I never do.  It cheesy enough without the extra butter poured on top.  I could add another cup of shredded cheese to the top before I put it in the oven.  I may try that next time :)


Cheesy Potato Casserole
2 lb hash browns, thawed
(I use the southern style but can use shredded)
1 c sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix together all and place into a greased 13x9 inch pan.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes. 

I put mine in 2 separate pans so it would cook faster and since my oven was full of egg casseroles as well.  It's a super easy, flexible recipe that everyone loves.  PLUS, it heats up great the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Looks so good! I went out and bought the ingredients just now. Can't wait to try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete