Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Taco Pie

We've done a great job of filling my new freezer.  Hubby seems to raid the meat department at the Jewel regularly.  I open the freezer and didn't realize that he had bought 5 (yes 5) packages of beef ribs.  Not to mention the buy one get one free pork roasts.  He bought 3.  I realized that I still had a container of taco meat buried in the meat pile.  I pulled it out and defrosted it in the microwave.  I dug through my recipe box (which is brimming with glorious recipes that I forget about) and found this recipe for Taco Pie.  My neighbor brought it to us for dinner while my hubby was going through chemo.  It was wonderful (and a blessing to have dinner arrive 5 nights a week for 3 months.  My friends are amazing.)  I quickly asked her for the recipe.  I hope you enjoy!

Taco Pie
1 lb hamburger
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg crescent rolls
2 cups cheddar cheese
Crushed tortilla chips (about 2 cups)


Brown hamburger and drain.  Fix meat according to taco seasoning package.  Unroll crescent rolls and spread into a pie pan. Covering the sides and bottom of dish.  Pinching seams together.  Cover the dough with crushed tortilla chips.  Spread taco meat on top of chips.  Spread sour cream on top of meat.  Cover with cheese.  Sprinkle top with chips.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.


This time when I made it I put the dough in a round casserole dish and didn't cover the sides.  It made it more a casserole and it filled the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment