Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sausage Dip

I threw this together quick for a great night with my girlfriends last night.  It is 3 ingredients and I was able to put it in a small crock pot while I was at baseball and it was all ready to go in 2 hours.  Served it with tortilla chips and it was a hit.  I love making appetizers.  It is my favorite thing to bring to any event.  I am not much of a baker and love to graze over the food.  Plus, I can never make the baked goods look pretty but my appetizers don't need to look pretty :)



Hot Sausage Dip
1 lb ground sausage
1 lb Velveeta, cubed (1/2 of the block)
1 can rotel (tomatoes with green chilies)

Brown the sausage and drain the grease.  Add to a small dip crock pot.  Pour rotel over top and mix.  Cube the Velveeta and place on top of the meat/tomato mixture.  Cover and place on low for 2 hours.  Mix after first hour to incorporate cheese into the meat mixture.  Serve with tortilla chips.

I should have taken a photo of the crock at the end of the night.  My friends son's ate a bunch and her hubby came in late and said "It must have been really good, it's all gone". 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment