Thursday, April 5, 2012

BBQ Beef

I made one of my favorite family recipes the other night.  My kids LOVE this and we have it for A LOT of family gatherings.  It doubles and even triples really well.  It is easy enough to do mid week and reheats well.  I always fix it with mac and cheese (I wish it was my homemade recipe) and fruit.  My kids eat it on buns or alone.  It can be made ahead and put into a crock pot for an event.  It is my "GO TO" main course for any event I need to feed a lot of people.  I hope you like the Tangy taste.



BBQ Beef
1/2 envelope (3 Tbls) dry onion soup mix
2 Tbl sugar
1/2 tsp salt
dash pepper
1 Tbl mustard
3/4 c water
1/2 c ketchup
1/4 c vinegar
1 Tbl lemon juice
1 or 1/1/2 lb hamburger

Combine all in saucepan; bring to boil.  Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Brown hamburger, drain, pour sauce over and simmer 5 - 10 minutes.  Serve on hamburger buns.

Here it is all ready to be served and the photo above is the sandwich on my plate!!!  I use hamburger buns but you could dress it up with some french rolls or whatever you have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment