Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mom's Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole

I made one of my all time favorites today while trying my hand at OAMC (Once A Month Cooking) and thought I would share it with you all.  You will be shocked at how simple it is and all you need are 3 main ingredients.  I love the cheesy, creamy potatoes and the crunch of the fried onions.  You can make this for a family of 5 or a crowd so adjust accordingly.  Hope you enjoy!!!

Mom's Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole

Mashed Potatoes
Velveeta Cheese
French Fried Onions

Place half of mashed potatoes in a greased casserole dish.  Slice Velveeta cheese and lay on top of mashed potato layer.  Cover the cheese with the remaining 1/2 of mashed potatoes.  Sprinkle with french fried onions.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 

I used 5 medium potatoes and 6 slices of cheese for my casserole.  Its all up to you.

Hubby cooked supper tonight while I was at adoration.  So I don't have a photo of them after it was backed so you can see the cheesiness.  I will try and update this with one from my lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment