Monday, April 30, 2012

Pasta Salad

I made this pasta salad for our cookout Saturday night and it makes a lot and keeps really well.  Its sweet and can be made with tri-color pasta to give it more color.  I love to have something a little sweet to even out all the salty stuff.  The recipe is from a friend but I added the cheese to give it some color.  Otherwise it would be all one color because I didn't have the tri color pasta in the cabinet.

Pasta Salad
1 - 1 1/2 boxes of rotini
1 cucumber diced
1 onion diced

Sauce:
1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c oil
1/2 c vinegar
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion salt
salt/pepper to taste

Cook pasta, drain and add veggies.  Combine sauce ingredients and pour over pasta.  Its better if made ahead.

It keeps well and just needs to be stirred up if you make it ahead.  My family LOVED it and I plan on taking it to our Girl Scout Pot Luck in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment